Sunday, April 8, 2007

Bring on the Ducks!

In an essentially meaningless game Saturday night at the X, the Minnesota Wild defeated the St. Louis Blues 5-1. Four of the five Wild goals were from guys you wouldn't expect. Wyatt Smith (former Golden Gopher) scored his 2nd and 3rd goals of the season, Wez Walz normally known as a defensive forward, scored once, and Branko Radivojevic scored only his 11th on the season. Pierre Marc-Bouchard joined the 20 goal club as well.
Unfortunately because of the Easter holiday I was with my extended family so I missed the game. The fact that their playoff opponent was determined before the outcome of their game Saturday night I really didn't feel a need to try and find a television to watch the game on. I can't give a write up for this game, but check back Tuesday when I will break down the entire series with the Ducks, as well as give my prediction.

2 comments:

Corey Ettinger said...

I feel so good for PMB, after your description of him hitting three posts, I was really hoping he'd get #20. Do you know if this is the first time he's reached that level?

Nate Rowan said...

Yes this is the first time he has posted 20 goals in a season. Last year he had 17, which was the previous high.